Blackpool Coastal Housing was set up by Blackpool Council to manage their housing stock of 5,500 homes. Our goal is to create an organisation that delivers quality services, first time, every time, within a culture that puts people at the heart of everything we do.
If you have a strong customer focus and want to join an ambitious organisation, we will help you to develop skills and experience to transform your career and achieve your own personal goals.
Benefits of Working for Us
We offer a rewarding career, competitive salary, flexible working hours and excellent training and development opportunities. Staff working with us also enjoy:
- Discounted gym and swimming memberships
- Minimum 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Occupational Health Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Childcare Vouchers
- Staff Suggestion Scheme
- Employee of Month Award
- Discounted bike scheme
- Credit Union
- Free annual Flu Jabs
- Cash Plan Healthcare Scheme
- Half a days leave on your birthday
- Discounts for local attractions and businesses
Blackpool Coastal Housing Limited was created on 15 January 2007 by Blackpool Council to undertake the Landlord functions for its housing stock of 5,500 houses and flats. These functions include the following services:
- Arrears Management and Debt Counselling
- Tenant Participation, Information and Consultation
- Enforcement of Tenancy Conditions
- Similar functions for Leaseholders
- Stock Investment and Planned Maintenance
- Day-to-Day Responsive Repairs
- Managing Lettings and Voids
- Estate Management, including Caretaking
- Anti-Social Behaviour Management
Blackpool Coastal Housing is managed by a Board of Non-Executive Directors, made up of four tenants and one leaseholder representatives, five Council members, and five independent representatives from the business community. Day-to-day operations are delegated to the Senior Management Team headed by the Chief Executive. The organisation structure is shown below:
The Company currently employs 150 staff, varying from joiners and housing officers to accountants and IT specialists.
In November 2007 Blackpool Coastal Housing was awarded two stars and excellent prospects during our Audit Commission Inspection. We were also awarded funding to help achieve the Decent Homes Standard.
Where We Are
The head office of Blackpool Coastal Housing is located at Coastal House, 17-19 Abingdon Street, Blackpool, FY1 1DG. The current service delivery network includes three Area Housing Offices in the largest estates, with a Repairs Call Centre and support services also based at Coastal House.
Our Vision and Values
The aim of Blackpool Coastal Housing is:
- To provide the best housing service in the North West through striving to be an excellent employer.
To achieve this aim Blackpool Coastal Housing will:
- Manage the investment in Blackpool Council’s housing stock to ensure it meets the Decent Homes Standard.
- By providing excellent housing services, contribute to the wider regeneration and sustainability of the communities of Blackpool by entering into partnerships with appropriate organisations by training and, where possible, by employing local people.
- Continually improve the service to tenants.
- Extend the empowerment of tenants in the management of their homes and the services they receive.
- Become one of the Sunday Times 100 Best Companies to work for.
- Minimise the detrimental impact the organisation has upon the environment.
The values of Blackpool Coastal Housing are as follows:
- Blackpool Coastal Housing puts people at the heart of everything it does, including providing quality services to its customers and creating a culture in which the staff feel valued.
- Blackpool Coastal Housing will provide excellent housing services, which represent Best Value, to the tenants of Blackpool Council and the wider community.
- In improving and developing its services Blackpool Coastal Housing will aim to balance the aspirations of its customers and the ideas of its staff with value for money and cost effective service.
- Blackpool Coastal Housing will offer fair treatment to all service users and employees regardless of age, race, sex, disability or sexual orientation.
- Blackpool Coastal Housing will involve service users at all stages of the decision-making process.
- Blackpool Coastal Housing will involve staff at all levels of developing and implementing improvement plans.
- When complaints are received, problems occur, or mistakes are made, Blackpool Coastal Housing will investigate quickly, put matters right, and learn so that it does not happen again.
- Blackpool Coastal Housing will adopt a spirit of openness when making decisions and delivering services.